China approves Shell-CNOOC JV’s petrochemical project in Huizhou
The project includes a new naphtha-fed steam cracker and it will have a production capacity of 1.2 million tons/year of ethylene, 630,000 tons/year of styrene monomer, 600,000 tons/year of polyols, 480,000 tons/year of ethylene glycol, 300,000 tons/year of propylene oxide and 150,000 tons/year of ethylene oxide.
The company has completed about 70% of the new facilities’ construction and it is expected to start up the facilities in the last quarter of 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets