China approves Shell-CNOOC JV’s petrochemical project in Huizhou
The project includes a new naphtha-fed steam cracker and it will have a production capacity of 1.2 million tons/year of ethylene, 630,000 tons/year of styrene monomer, 600,000 tons/year of polyols, 480,000 tons/year of ethylene glycol, 300,000 tons/year of propylene oxide and 150,000 tons/year of ethylene oxide.
The company has completed about 70% of the new facilities’ construction and it is expected to start up the facilities in the last quarter of 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?