China approves Shell-CNOOC JV’s petrochemical project in Huizhou
The project includes a new naphtha-fed steam cracker and it will have a production capacity of 1.2 million tons/year of ethylene, 630,000 tons/year of styrene monomer, 600,000 tons/year of polyols, 480,000 tons/year of ethylene glycol, 300,000 tons/year of propylene oxide and 150,000 tons/year of ethylene oxide.
The company has completed about 70% of the new facilities’ construction and it is expected to start up the facilities in the last quarter of 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs