Egypt’s EPC faces abrupt failure at its VCM unit
"We will continue to deliver some cargoes from our stocks to the local market, but in limited quantities until the plant restarts again. Meanwhile, we will set our prices on a weekly basis as of this week due to the fluctuating dollar parity until the exchange rates stabilize between the US dollar and the EGP. We’ are planning to issue our new prices on Thursday,” added the source.
Last week, the producer had announced its PVC offers for the remainder of November and the producer had begun to deliver PVC resin to the market as of November 16.
The producer’s November PVC offers are currently standing at EGP15000/ton ($953/ton) for k67-68, on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends