Egypt’s EPC faces abrupt failure at its VCM unit
"We will continue to deliver some cargoes from our stocks to the local market, but in limited quantities until the plant restarts again. Meanwhile, we will set our prices on a weekly basis as of this week due to the fluctuating dollar parity until the exchange rates stabilize between the US dollar and the EGP. We’ are planning to issue our new prices on Thursday,” added the source.
Last week, the producer had announced its PVC offers for the remainder of November and the producer had begun to deliver PVC resin to the market as of November 16.
The producer’s November PVC offers are currently standing at EGP15000/ton ($953/ton) for k67-68, on ex-Alexandria, cash excluding VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins