Indonesian players complain of disappointing PE demand
A converter said that demand would normally pick up 2 months before Ramadan, however this year demand remains below his expectations. His supplier told him that prices may still have room for further decreases next month . “We have enough material as we buy regularly from our supplier, while demand for our end products is not so encouraging,” commented the converter.
Another converter commented they prefer to source material from the local market for now while adding that he has sufficient stocks until Ramadan and will replenish stocks by the end of July. “Most of the buyers are hesitant about making purchases before the Ramadan holidays over the uncertainties about the market direction,” the buyer stated.
Local prices for LLDPE film are quoted within the range of IDR16,730,000-16,800,000/ton ($1216-1221/ton) while HDPE film prices are at IDR16,190,000-16,200,000/ton ($1176-1177/ton), all on an FD Indonesia, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months