Japan's JX shuts PX plant following fire
For that reason, the refiner had to shut its No. 3 reformer with a capacity of 21,200 bpd and No. 1 condensate splitter with a capacity of 63,500 bpd.
The fire did not affect the company’s second smaller PX plant at Kashima with a production capacity of 180,000 tons/year.
It is also stated that the company continues to operate its other units as usual.
The company is assessing the extent of the fire destruction on the PX output within the next few days.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PET markets on uptrend, yet cautiousness persists
- Asian ethylene heads south, propylene yet to follow
- Early reactions to Turkey’s dumping case on Saudi Arabian LDPE
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks