Saudi HDPE, LLDPE purchased with further discounts in Vietnam
Another trader said that they purchased material from the same supplier at $1500/ton for LLDPE film and at $1510/ton for HDPE film, both on a CIF, cash basis after negotiating a $15/ton discount. “We are not willing to purchase in larger quantities for now as we think that the market still has some room to come down. Customers in south Vietnam will be able to get slightly more attractive prices as we need to cover the additional freight rates to north Vietnam,” the trader stated.
Import prices currently stand at $1500-1580/ton CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis for HDPE film and at $1490-1633/ton with the same terms for LLDPE film.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices