Saudi HDPE, LLDPE purchased with further discounts in Vietnam
Another trader said that they purchased material from the same supplier at $1500/ton for LLDPE film and at $1510/ton for HDPE film, both on a CIF, cash basis after negotiating a $15/ton discount. “We are not willing to purchase in larger quantities for now as we think that the market still has some room to come down. Customers in south Vietnam will be able to get slightly more attractive prices as we need to cover the additional freight rates to north Vietnam,” the trader stated.
Import prices currently stand at $1500-1580/ton CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis for HDPE film and at $1490-1633/ton with the same terms for LLDPE film.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS