Thai Oil posts a net profit in Q3
However, the company’s net profit was down 62% from the second quarter due to weaker refining margins and lube base refinery shutdown.
In the third quarter, the company gained 1.3 billion baht from its refinery business when compared to a 3.34 billion baht loss in the same period of 2015 while its aromatic petrochemical unit posted a profit of 889 million baht, increasing five-fold.
Thai Oil’s earnings are expected to increase in the last quarter of 2016 owing to better refinery performance and lube base oil output businesses.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets