Thai Oil posts a net profit in Q3
However, the company’s net profit was down 62% from the second quarter due to weaker refining margins and lube base refinery shutdown.
In the third quarter, the company gained 1.3 billion baht from its refinery business when compared to a 3.34 billion baht loss in the same period of 2015 while its aromatic petrochemical unit posted a profit of 889 million baht, increasing five-fold.
Thai Oil’s earnings are expected to increase in the last quarter of 2016 owing to better refinery performance and lube base oil output businesses.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?