Thai Oil posts a net profit in Q3
However, the company’s net profit was down 62% from the second quarter due to weaker refining margins and lube base refinery shutdown.
In the third quarter, the company gained 1.3 billion baht from its refinery business when compared to a 3.34 billion baht loss in the same period of 2015 while its aromatic petrochemical unit posted a profit of 889 million baht, increasing five-fold.
Thai Oil’s earnings are expected to increase in the last quarter of 2016 owing to better refinery performance and lube base oil output businesses.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East