UAE's Adnoc to double petrochemical capacity in 5-years
The company plans to increase its petrochemicals production capacity from the current capacity of 4.5 million tons/year to 11.4 million tons/year in the next five years.
With the new projects, petrochemical products such as gasoline and aromatics and polyolefin capacity will be expanded.
Adnoc’s refining and petrochemicals director, Abdulaziz Abdulla Alhajri stated “Today we produce 4.5 million tonnes of polyolefines and another 2 million tonnes of fertilisers. We are going to double our petrochemical production to over 11 million tonnes per annum by 2025.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months