UAE's Adnoc to double petrochemical capacity in 5-years
The company plans to increase its petrochemicals production capacity from the current capacity of 4.5 million tons/year to 11.4 million tons/year in the next five years.
With the new projects, petrochemical products such as gasoline and aromatics and polyolefin capacity will be expanded.
Adnoc’s refining and petrochemicals director, Abdulaziz Abdulla Alhajri stated “Today we produce 4.5 million tonnes of polyolefines and another 2 million tonnes of fertilisers. We are going to double our petrochemical production to over 11 million tonnes per annum by 2025.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?