UAE's Adnoc to double petrochemical capacity in 5-years
The company plans to increase its petrochemicals production capacity from the current capacity of 4.5 million tons/year to 11.4 million tons/year in the next five years.
With the new projects, petrochemical products such as gasoline and aromatics and polyolefin capacity will be expanded.
Adnoc’s refining and petrochemicals director, Abdulaziz Abdulla Alhajri stated “Today we produce 4.5 million tonnes of polyolefines and another 2 million tonnes of fertilisers. We are going to double our petrochemical production to over 11 million tonnes per annum by 2025.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PVC market looks for direction amid divergent factors
- Pent-up demand lifts India’s PP market
- Europe continues to defy global PVC trend
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets continue to slide in January
- Europe’s PE markets under pressure from rising supplies
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights