2nd GPCA Research & Innovation Summit held on March 16-18 in Dubai
"Technological developments are costly and uncertain but have a profound impact on the petrochemical business," said Dr Moayyed Al- Qurtas, Chairman, GPCA Research & Innovation Committee. He also added that a deep understanding of the interaction between technology and our business is critical for the sector’s survival, growth and profit.
“We have grown into an industry worth more than a US$1 billion with an annual capacity of 140 million tons in just over four decades. Moving forward, it is clear that there is not one specific success model or one best practice which works for everybody. Companies have to find their specific way to leverage research and innovation in order to gain or keep a competitive advantage, “said Dr. Abdulwahab Al- Sadoun, Secretary General, GPCA.
More than 200 delegates from the petrochemical industry, academia and research institutions attended the2nd Research and Innovation Summit in Dubai.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe