ABS markets remain indifferent to bullish ACN costs in Asia, Europe
However, ABS prices have witnessed decreases this month, defying the drastic increases in ACN, the proportion of which is around %25 in making ABS.
In China, ABS prices started to soften in the week before the holiday and have retained their softening since then, despite some sellers’ efforts to maintain their levels citing limited availability. The import market in Southeast Asia has also followed suit. Although ACN prices have been on a bullish run, plunging styrene and fading demand have dominated the sentiment.
Players in Asia think that ABS prices will continue to be soft in line with slow demand for both styrene and ABS; however, the peak season for home appliances is approaching, which might tip the balance and limit the size of the expected drops.
In Europe, meanwhile, October deals were closed with rollovers to slight decreases due to availability issues, which lasted until mid-October while the re-opening of the railway line in Germany paved the way for improving supplies across Europe and demand tailed off accordingly.
Expectations are now calling for a softer November outlook in Europe as styrene contracts are expected to settle with another round of decreases. A distributor in Belgium commented, “The November outlook is bearish on the back of softer styrene and the approaching year-end.” Sales pressure on the sellers’ side will increase in December, as several players argue.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops