A Jordanian buyer suspends purchases until achieving discounts
“One of these producers rolled over their prices while the other one made a $40/ton cut from the levels we last received in June. However, despite the latter producer’s $40/ton decrease on a month over month basis, their prices are still very high and remain above the prices of the producer who announced a rollover. Considering the current LLDPE film offers we received, we are not that satisfied and therefore, we prefer to postpone our purchases given our sufficient stock levels. Plus, the Ramadan holiday is nearing and demand is retreating further,” added the converter.
The buyer received Middle Eastern LLDPE c4 film prices at $1475/ton and at $1530/ton on a CIF Aqaba, Jordan, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe