A Mid-Eastern producer sells out January PE in Egypt
“However, our deals have not been finalized yet as we are yet to deliver the ordered cargoes to our customers. At the moment, pointing to the other lower options in the import market, our customers are asking for additional decreases from $1340/ton. To be honest, we are mulling over cutting our prices again in order to avoid any order cancellation,” commented a source.
Looking at overall import ranges in Egypt, HDPE film prices stand at $1190-1290/ton and LLDPE c4 film prices stand at $1160-1280/ton on CIF, 90 days basis when excluding the producer’s prices at $1340/ton. The producer’s offers carry around a $60-180/ton premium over the prices given from other Middle Eastern sources following their significant downward adjustments.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months