A Mid-Eastern producer sells out January PE in Egypt
“However, our deals have not been finalized yet as we are yet to deliver the ordered cargoes to our customers. At the moment, pointing to the other lower options in the import market, our customers are asking for additional decreases from $1340/ton. To be honest, we are mulling over cutting our prices again in order to avoid any order cancellation,” commented a source.
Looking at overall import ranges in Egypt, HDPE film prices stand at $1190-1290/ton and LLDPE c4 film prices stand at $1160-1280/ton on CIF, 90 days basis when excluding the producer’s prices at $1340/ton. The producer’s offers carry around a $60-180/ton premium over the prices given from other Middle Eastern sources following their significant downward adjustments.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect