A. Schulman expands capacities across Europe, Mid-East
The producer opened a masterbatch plant in the Cerkezkoy Organized Industrial Zone, located in Tekirdag earlier this month in line with its plans to expand throughout the regional markets.
The new plant, which has 50 employees and a production capacity of 17,500 tons/year, is expected to serve Turkey as well as North Africa and the Middle East.
The company also commenced test productions at its compounding plant in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia. The 100,000 ton/year PP compound plant is a joint venture with Saudi National Petrochemical Industrial Co.
The American producer also started up a new white color concentrates production line with a production capacity of 45,000 tons/year in Givet, France during the previous months and revealed its plans for a new line for sheet molding compounds in Hamburg, Germany. The company’s six new color and additive concentrates production lines were also installed at the company’s plants in Poland and Hungary earlier this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high