A. Schulman expands capacities across Europe, Mid-East
The producer opened a masterbatch plant in the Cerkezkoy Organized Industrial Zone, located in Tekirdag earlier this month in line with its plans to expand throughout the regional markets.
The new plant, which has 50 employees and a production capacity of 17,500 tons/year, is expected to serve Turkey as well as North Africa and the Middle East.
The company also commenced test productions at its compounding plant in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia. The 100,000 ton/year PP compound plant is a joint venture with Saudi National Petrochemical Industrial Co.
The American producer also started up a new white color concentrates production line with a production capacity of 45,000 tons/year in Givet, France during the previous months and revealed its plans for a new line for sheet molding compounds in Hamburg, Germany. The company’s six new color and additive concentrates production lines were also installed at the company’s plants in Poland and Hungary earlier this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene, propylene falter on bearish crude and oversupply
- Oil plunge weighs on PET bottle sentiment in Asia, Europe
- ABS reverses losses after 8 weeks in Asia; will upturn be sustainable?
- Import delays support European PP suppliers in July
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers
- African PP, PE markets offer mixed bag for July
- European PVC suppliers seek hikes for 14th straight month in July
- Turkey’s PP markets rise around 10% in a month