A. Schulman to open masterbatch plant in Turkey
The plant is slated to have a production capacity of around 20,000 tons (40 million pounds) of white and breathable masterbatches for use in the food and industrial packaging sectors in Turkey and thereby in other growing countries in the Middle East and North Africa. The plant is expected to come online by the end of fiscal year of 2016.
The company reportedly stated that Turkey is a “premier gateway” for their businesses between East and West and that the country has strategic importance in increasing their market shares in other fast growing countries in the Middle East and North Africa. In addition, the company also stated that the new plant will enable them to improve service times and utilization capacities at their plant in Northern Europe, which is currently providing supply to the Turkish market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East