A. Schulman to open masterbatch plant in Turkey
The plant is slated to have a production capacity of around 20,000 tons (40 million pounds) of white and breathable masterbatches for use in the food and industrial packaging sectors in Turkey and thereby in other growing countries in the Middle East and North Africa. The plant is expected to come online by the end of fiscal year of 2016.
The company reportedly stated that Turkey is a “premier gateway” for their businesses between East and West and that the country has strategic importance in increasing their market shares in other fast growing countries in the Middle East and North Africa. In addition, the company also stated that the new plant will enable them to improve service times and utilization capacities at their plant in Northern Europe, which is currently providing supply to the Turkish market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will China's local PP market retain futures-driven gains prior to holidays?
- Upcoming holidays, COVID spike pressure PS in Asia
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand