A major Saudi producer issues November PP, PE to Egypt
A distributor, who received prices from the producer, commented, “Market players were expecting up to $40/ton decreases on the producer’s HDPE prices given the gap between their prices and the rest of the Middle Eastern producers’ offers. However, the Saudi producer elected to keep their prices unchanged pointing to their limited HDPE supplies as a reason. At the moment, we wait to hear the other regional producers’ prices. Meanwhile, a large gap has been formed in the distribution market levels.”
Looking at prices, they stand at $1660/ton for HDPE film, $1680/ton for HDPE blow moulding and injection, $1670-1700/ton for LDPE film and at $1640/ton for LLDPE film on CIF Suez, 90 days deferred payment basis. For PP, the producer offers raffia and injection at $1650/ton, PP film at $1680/ton, PP fibre at $1680-1700/ton, PP random copolymer injection at $1790/ton and PP block copolymer injection at $1660-1670/ton with the same terms.
For their cash based prices, they stand at $1630/ton for HDPE film, at $1650/ton for HDPE blow moulding and injection, $1640-1670/ton for LDPE film, $1610/ton for LLDPE film, $1620/ton for PP raffia and injection, $1650-1670/ton for PP fibre, $1650/ton for PP film , $1760/ton for PP random copolymer injection and at $1630-1640/ton for PP block copolymer injection on CIF Suez, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets