A major Saudi producer issues domestic PP,PE,PS prices for Dec
A distributor who received new prices from the producer commented that their December PP prices are down by around $100/ton, their PE prices are down $90-120/ton and their PS prices are $125/ton lower when compared with November. “The producer announced their December prices with a little bit of a delay as they first wanted to hear the outcome of OPEC’s meeting. However, the meeting’s outcome was not what the producer had hoped for. Therefore, significant discounts were revealed as previously expected in the market. However, the market is muted at the moment as buyers are waiting for other producers’ offers. In addition, producers’ December quota levels are not clear yet. After the significant cuts, producers are expected to restrict their quotas to the local market,” he added.
Looking at prices, the producer offers LDPE film at SAR5475-5550/ton ($1459-1479/ton), LLDPE film at SAR5100/ton ($1359/ton), HDPE film at SAR4988/ton ($1329/ton), HDPE b/m at SAR5025/ton ($1339/ton), HDPE injection at SAR5063/ton ($1349/ton), PP raffia and injection at SAR5400/ton ($1439/ton), GPPS injection at SAR5775/ton ($1539/ton) and HIPS at SAR6075/ton ($1619/ton) on an FD Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs