A major Saudi producer reduces PP, PE prices to Egypt
This week, a film products converter reported concluding some PP and PE deals with the producer after being able to achieve $20-30/ton discounts. “The producer does not hold sufficient PP block copolymer quotas while we think that additional decreases might be possible in the upcoming weeks,” he added.
Meanwhile, another converter reported obtaining larger discounts for $50-60/ton for PP raffia and fibre from the producer. “The producer revised their offer levels downward, but other Middle Eastern producers’ prices are still more competitive,” he added.
The producer’s new adjusted prices stand at $1110-1150/ton for PP raffia, at $1150/ton for PP injection, at $1150-1170/ton for PP fibre, at $1170/ton for PP film, at $1220/ton for LDPE film and at $1200/ton for LLDPE film and HDPE film on CIF Alexandria/Suez, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets