ABS prices prone to discounts as supply concerns fade in Europe
However, slowing end-demand and bearish expectations for the outcome of the next styrene settlement pushed players out of the market. On top of these, easing supplies contributed to the waiting stance of buyers following the re-opening of the railway line in Germany, which disrupted transportation for nearly two months.
A distributor from Italy said, “ABS supplies remained tight in early October, which gave our supplier an upper hand in seeking rollovers. However, supply has improved in late October and styrene prices are softer compared to the beginning of the month. Therefore, we expect €50/ton decreases in November ABS prices in case styrene contracts settle €100/ton lower as expected.”
The November outlook is expected to be under pressure from growing supplies and poor demand dynamics as higher ACN prices have failed to boost the sentiment in the ABS market as was already mentioned in ChemOrbis Daily Headline ABS markets remain indifferent to bullish ACN costs in Asia, Europe .
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out