ABS prices prone to discounts as supply concerns fade in Europe
However, slowing end-demand and bearish expectations for the outcome of the next styrene settlement pushed players out of the market. On top of these, easing supplies contributed to the waiting stance of buyers following the re-opening of the railway line in Germany, which disrupted transportation for nearly two months.
A distributor from Italy said, “ABS supplies remained tight in early October, which gave our supplier an upper hand in seeking rollovers. However, supply has improved in late October and styrene prices are softer compared to the beginning of the month. Therefore, we expect €50/ton decreases in November ABS prices in case styrene contracts settle €100/ton lower as expected.”
The November outlook is expected to be under pressure from growing supplies and poor demand dynamics as higher ACN prices have failed to boost the sentiment in the ABS market as was already mentioned in ChemOrbis Daily Headline ABS markets remain indifferent to bullish ACN costs in Asia, Europe .
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s local PP market retreats from 2-month high
- Vietnam PE market sees further supply-driven hikes, particularly for LLDPE
- Global oil prices trade under pressure of Delta variant
- China’s import PVC market rebounds from 5-month low
- Firming in China PE market stronger than PP since mid-June
- Asian ethylene, propylene falter on bearish crude and oversupply
- Oil plunge weighs on PET bottle sentiment in Asia, Europe
- ABS reverses losses after 8 weeks in Asia; will upturn be sustainable?
- Import delays support European PP suppliers in July
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand