ACC: Appalachia has potential to be 2nd petchem center in US
In its report, ACC presented a hypothetical scenario which includes a storage hub for natural gas liquids and chemicals (ethylene, propylene) as well as a petrochemical, plastics and other infrastructure and manufacturing area consisting of West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Kentucky.
The Council’s report also estimates an investment of $32.4 billion in petrochemicals and derivatives and $3.4 billion in plastic products by constructing five ethane crackers and two PDH facilities. However, uncertainty in terms of financing is considered as an important barrier in the development of energy infrastructure in the region.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September