ASEAN Manufacturing PMI slips into contraction in July
Within the region, manufacturing in the Philippines and Vietnam remained robust in July. However, manufacturing activities changed direction in Thailand with an index declining to a reading of 49.6 in July while PMI readings for Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore also posted modest decreases.
According to the recent report, demand for ASEAN goods weakened at the start of the third quarter given weaker demand from both local and export markets, which pushed factories to lower their production in July. Output fell for the first time of this year, posting the steepest decline seen since November 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets