ASEAN Manufacturing PMI slips into contraction in July
Within the region, manufacturing in the Philippines and Vietnam remained robust in July. However, manufacturing activities changed direction in Thailand with an index declining to a reading of 49.6 in July while PMI readings for Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore also posted modest decreases.
According to the recent report, demand for ASEAN goods weakened at the start of the third quarter given weaker demand from both local and export markets, which pushed factories to lower their production in July. Output fell for the first time of this year, posting the steepest decline seen since November 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?