ASEAN economy to enjoy robust growth in 2016
Among the member states, the strongest growth will be seen in Philippines which is expected to expand by 6% in 2016 owing to stronger domestic demand and higher foreign direct investments. It was followed by Vietnam with a growth rate of 5.9%, Indonesia with 5.2%, Malaysia with 4.6% and Thailand with 3.1%. For India and China, meanwhile, the OECD expects to see growth rates of 6.5% and 7.3%, respectively in 2016.
Meanwhile, Malaysia’s Prime Minister Najib Razak reported that the ASEAN economies will grow to expand 5.6% through to 2019 on the back of the establishment of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) through which the ASEAN countries aim to attract more investors.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high
- PVC buyers’ resistance to sharp April hikes grows in SE Asia
- European PS sentiment cools off on styrene correction; ABS remains unfazed