ASEAN manufacturing PMI slightly up in November
The Philippines’ PMI increased to 54.8 and became the best performer in November while Malaysia outpaced Myanmar as its growth rebounded after a decline in November.
Vietnam, meanwhile, fell to the fourth place due to its slower growth in the manufacturing sector. Indonesia’s manufacturing growth posted a slight increase while Thailand’s operating conditions remained stable on the month.
On the other hand, Singapore’s PMI declined to 47.4 and slid into contraction.
However, the overall growth in ASEAN manufacturing output increased its pace and production outlook improved in November, despite higher inflationary pressures in the region.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year