ASEAN manufacturing PMI slightly up in November
The Philippines’ PMI increased to 54.8 and became the best performer in November while Malaysia outpaced Myanmar as its growth rebounded after a decline in November.
Vietnam, meanwhile, fell to the fourth place due to its slower growth in the manufacturing sector. Indonesia’s manufacturing growth posted a slight increase while Thailand’s operating conditions remained stable on the month.
On the other hand, Singapore’s PMI declined to 47.4 and slid into contraction.
However, the overall growth in ASEAN manufacturing output increased its pace and production outlook improved in November, despite higher inflationary pressures in the region.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Aggressive US PE prices find way to Türkiye, Africa amid year-end stock clearing
- PLAST EURASIA 2023: Players discuss PP, PE outlook amid financial challenges
- Stats: India’s Jan-Sep PVC imports surge, China takes the lion’s share despite safeguard investigation
- Sentiment weakens across African PP, PE markets in November
- HDPE film drops faster than other two main PE film grades in China
- PE prices see larger drops than C2 in Italy, unlike West Europe
- Weak demand sends Türkiye’s styrenics markets to multi-month lows
- Bearish sentiment spills over to Middle Eastern PP, PE markets in November
- Dull demand dents PE outlook in SE Asia for rest of year
- China’s local PP markets snap 6-week downtrend, players skeptical