ASEAN manufacturing PMI slightly up in November
The Philippines’ PMI increased to 54.8 and became the best performer in November while Malaysia outpaced Myanmar as its growth rebounded after a decline in November.
Vietnam, meanwhile, fell to the fourth place due to its slower growth in the manufacturing sector. Indonesia’s manufacturing growth posted a slight increase while Thailand’s operating conditions remained stable on the month.
On the other hand, Singapore’s PMI declined to 47.4 and slid into contraction.
However, the overall growth in ASEAN manufacturing output increased its pace and production outlook improved in November, despite higher inflationary pressures in the region.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe