ASEAN manufacturing PMI slightly up in November
The Philippines’ PMI increased to 54.8 and became the best performer in November while Malaysia outpaced Myanmar as its growth rebounded after a decline in November.
Vietnam, meanwhile, fell to the fourth place due to its slower growth in the manufacturing sector. Indonesia’s manufacturing growth posted a slight increase while Thailand’s operating conditions remained stable on the month.
On the other hand, Singapore’s PMI declined to 47.4 and slid into contraction.
However, the overall growth in ASEAN manufacturing output increased its pace and production outlook improved in November, despite higher inflationary pressures in the region.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out
- Modest supply sends PVC prices to almost 5-month highs in Türkiye