Acetylene based PVC cargoes reappear in India
A trader based in China said that they are offering acetylene based PVC at $780-800/ton CIF India, cash, subject to $123/ton anti-dumping duty. “We are receiving a good number of inquiries from Indian buyers in spite of the high anti-dumping duty. We are currently negotiating with some customers and hope to be able to conclude some deals soon,” the trader commented.
A pipe and fitting manufacturer stated, “We have recently resumed purchasing Chinese acetylene based PVC, despite the high anti-dumping duties, as supply is limited in the local market. We purchased Taiwanese PVC at $900/ton CIF, cash this week, but we are currently looking for other offers as we want to secure more cargoes out of concerns that prices will continue to rise in the coming weeks.
Offers for mainstream PVC origins currently stand at $850-900/ton CIF India, cash equivalent basis while offers for Chinese acetylene based PVC stand at $780-800/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook