Acetylene based PVC cargoes reappear in India
A trader based in China said that they are offering acetylene based PVC at $780-800/ton CIF India, cash, subject to $123/ton anti-dumping duty. “We are receiving a good number of inquiries from Indian buyers in spite of the high anti-dumping duty. We are currently negotiating with some customers and hope to be able to conclude some deals soon,” the trader commented.
A pipe and fitting manufacturer stated, “We have recently resumed purchasing Chinese acetylene based PVC, despite the high anti-dumping duties, as supply is limited in the local market. We purchased Taiwanese PVC at $900/ton CIF, cash this week, but we are currently looking for other offers as we want to secure more cargoes out of concerns that prices will continue to rise in the coming weeks.
Offers for mainstream PVC origins currently stand at $850-900/ton CIF India, cash equivalent basis while offers for Chinese acetylene based PVC stand at $780-800/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May