Acetylene based PVC climbs above ethylene based offers in SEA, India
A source from a Chinese acetylene based PVC producer reported that they implemented additional increases of $10/ton on their offers this week to Southeast Asia when compared to their latest levels. He commented, “We think that the market has already reached its peak levels, yet we elected to apply a further increase on our offers owing to a major Taiwanese producer’s December announcements which came with increases of $40/ton from November.” The producer’s offers for acetylene based PVC currently stand at $1015-1020/ton on a CIF, cash basis.
When it comes to traditional PVC, the overall import k67 range is currently quoted at $890-990/ton on a CIF Southeast Asia, cash basis.
In India, acetylene based PVC prices were reported unchanged from a week earlier at $1153/ton on a CIF, cash basis. A source from a Chinese producer stated that they kept their offers unchanged this week due to a Taiwanese major’s firm approach to the market. “To tell the truth, acetylene based PVC offers aren’t attracting any demand since offers for traditional PVC are more competitive,” he commented.
The overall range for import PVC k67 prices in India is currently pegged at $970-1010/ton on a CIF, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains