Acetylene based PVC climbs above ethylene based offers in SEA, India
A source from a Chinese acetylene based PVC producer reported that they implemented additional increases of $10/ton on their offers this week to Southeast Asia when compared to their latest levels. He commented, “We think that the market has already reached its peak levels, yet we elected to apply a further increase on our offers owing to a major Taiwanese producer’s December announcements which came with increases of $40/ton from November.” The producer’s offers for acetylene based PVC currently stand at $1015-1020/ton on a CIF, cash basis.
When it comes to traditional PVC, the overall import k67 range is currently quoted at $890-990/ton on a CIF Southeast Asia, cash basis.
In India, acetylene based PVC prices were reported unchanged from a week earlier at $1153/ton on a CIF, cash basis. A source from a Chinese producer stated that they kept their offers unchanged this week due to a Taiwanese major’s firm approach to the market. “To tell the truth, acetylene based PVC offers aren’t attracting any demand since offers for traditional PVC are more competitive,” he commented.
The overall range for import PVC k67 prices in India is currently pegged at $970-1010/ton on a CIF, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?