Acetylene based PVC climbs above ethylene based offers in SEA, India
A source from a Chinese acetylene based PVC producer reported that they implemented additional increases of $10/ton on their offers this week to Southeast Asia when compared to their latest levels. He commented, “We think that the market has already reached its peak levels, yet we elected to apply a further increase on our offers owing to a major Taiwanese producer’s December announcements which came with increases of $40/ton from November.” The producer’s offers for acetylene based PVC currently stand at $1015-1020/ton on a CIF, cash basis.
When it comes to traditional PVC, the overall import k67 range is currently quoted at $890-990/ton on a CIF Southeast Asia, cash basis.
In India, acetylene based PVC prices were reported unchanged from a week earlier at $1153/ton on a CIF, cash basis. A source from a Chinese producer stated that they kept their offers unchanged this week due to a Taiwanese major’s firm approach to the market. “To tell the truth, acetylene based PVC offers aren’t attracting any demand since offers for traditional PVC are more competitive,” he commented.
The overall range for import PVC k67 prices in India is currently pegged at $970-1010/ton on a CIF, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month