Acetylene based PVC climbs above ethylene based offers in SEA, India
A source from a Chinese acetylene based PVC producer reported that they implemented additional increases of $10/ton on their offers this week to Southeast Asia when compared to their latest levels. He commented, “We think that the market has already reached its peak levels, yet we elected to apply a further increase on our offers owing to a major Taiwanese producer’s December announcements which came with increases of $40/ton from November.” The producer’s offers for acetylene based PVC currently stand at $1015-1020/ton on a CIF, cash basis.
When it comes to traditional PVC, the overall import k67 range is currently quoted at $890-990/ton on a CIF Southeast Asia, cash basis.
In India, acetylene based PVC prices were reported unchanged from a week earlier at $1153/ton on a CIF, cash basis. A source from a Chinese producer stated that they kept their offers unchanged this week due to a Taiwanese major’s firm approach to the market. “To tell the truth, acetylene based PVC offers aren’t attracting any demand since offers for traditional PVC are more competitive,” he commented.
The overall range for import PVC k67 prices in India is currently pegged at $970-1010/ton on a CIF, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe