Acetylene based PVC deal concluded in Malaysia
Acetylene based PVC producers had lost their competitiveness against conventional PVC producers, who enjoyed lower costs in line with plunging crude oil towards the end of 2014. However, this situation has recently shifted with the acceptance of firmer PVC prices from a major Taiwanese producer in India, where demand has revived thanks to the approaching high season. The stronger Indian market encouraged regional producers to announce firmer PVC prices to other Asian markets, which helped make acetylene based PVC prices competitive once again.
In Malaysia, acetylene based PVC prices currently stand at $780-820/ton on a CIF, cash equivalent basis while ethylene based PVC materials are reported in the range of $830-860/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?