Acetylene based PVC deal concluded in Malaysia
Acetylene based PVC producers had lost their competitiveness against conventional PVC producers, who enjoyed lower costs in line with plunging crude oil towards the end of 2014. However, this situation has recently shifted with the acceptance of firmer PVC prices from a major Taiwanese producer in India, where demand has revived thanks to the approaching high season. The stronger Indian market encouraged regional producers to announce firmer PVC prices to other Asian markets, which helped make acetylene based PVC prices competitive once again.
In Malaysia, acetylene based PVC prices currently stand at $780-820/ton on a CIF, cash equivalent basis while ethylene based PVC materials are reported in the range of $830-860/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness