Acetylene based PVC deal concluded with discounts in China
He commented, “Acetylene based PVC sellers are trying to reduce their offers gradually in order to restore competitiveness relative to ethylene based PVC prices. However, most buyers still prefer ethylene based cargoes, which are standing at more attractive levels due to plunging energy and upstream costs. We expect to see further softening in the market ahead of the approaching Chinese New Year holidays.”
According to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, ethylene based PVC prices have regained their premium over acetylene based PVC cargoes after being traded $25-30/ton below acetylene based prices for about two weeks. The price gap between the two products is now standing at around $45/ton.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question
- Import PE tightness eases off in China; LDPE stabilizes at two-and-a-half-year high
- Overseas PP producers’ focus shifts to SE Asia as Chinese demand fades