Acetylene based PVC deal concluded with discounts in China
He commented, “Acetylene based PVC sellers are trying to reduce their offers gradually in order to restore competitiveness relative to ethylene based PVC prices. However, most buyers still prefer ethylene based cargoes, which are standing at more attractive levels due to plunging energy and upstream costs. We expect to see further softening in the market ahead of the approaching Chinese New Year holidays.”
According to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, ethylene based PVC prices have regained their premium over acetylene based PVC cargoes after being traded $25-30/ton below acetylene based prices for about two weeks. The price gap between the two products is now standing at around $45/ton.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm