Acetylene based PVC hits 5 year high in China
Last week, some players expressed their expectations of seeing downward corrections on prices since prices ran up too quickly. However, this week’s price range contradicted these expectations. Chinese acetylene based PVC producers reported higher prices this week within the range of CNY7300-8300/ton ($923-1049/ton without VAT), up by CNY300-470/ton ($44-69/ton) from last week.
A local trader receiving offers on the high end stated, “End users had shown resistance to the former high levels, but prices continued to follow a firm note this week due to tight supply and strong VCM costs.”
Local prices are expected to maintain the current trend in the near term with the support of the supply tightness. Meanwhile, import prices in the Chinese PVC market are also on a firm note. After a $40/ton hike implemented by a Taiwanese major last month, players expect to see higher levels from Asian producers for December offers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe