Acetylene based PVC loses competitiveness in Thailand
A distributor in Thailand commented that the market is under downward pressure due to the rainy season. “Domestic prices are weakening, however customers still think offers are too high compared with Chinese origins,” the distributor stated.
In Thailand, import prices for k67 stand at $800/ton while acetylene based materials stand at $770/ton on a CIF Thailand, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019