Acetylene based PVC prices firm up in China
The producer raised their local prices by CNY150-200/ton ($24-32/ton), bringing their new offers to CNY5650/ton ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT basis ($790/ton without VAT). “We are able to conclude deals at this level as demand in the local market has improved recently. For April, we are feeling optimistic regarding the demand outlook,” the source stated.
The source added that they also raised their export prices by $20/ton to $810/ton FOB China, cash due to firmer global trends. He commented, “We are currently observing our Southeast Asian customers’ responses to our higher levels. Availability for US and Japanese origins are not that much nowadays owing to maintenance shutdowns. Hence, we are expecting to see a firm trend over the near term.”
A trader based in Hangzhou, meanwhile, reported that local acetylene based prices have increased around CNY100-200/ton ($16-32/ton) compared to last week while conventional PVC prices were also up by around CNY50-100/ton ($8-16/ton). He stated, “Ethylene based PVC supplies are regular and we believe that local prices will remain firm over the short term. Meanwhile, the gap between conventional based PVC and acetylene based PVC has started to narrow due to the relatively bigger gains recorded in acetylene based prices.”
The trader currently offers ethylene based PVC at CNY6050/ton ex-warehouse China, cash inc VAT basis ($846/ton without VAT) while their prices for acetylene based PVC stand at CNY5700-5800/ton with the same terms ($797-811/ton without VAT).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September