Acetylene based PVC prices from China overtake ethylene based PVC
A Shanghai based trader noted, “Export prices for acetylene based PVC posted additional increases from last week and producers are focusing on selling to the local market rather than exports.”
Another trader also stated, “It is hard to sell acetylene based PVC nowadays as they are standing at higher levels than ethylene based PVC.”
In China, acetylene based PVC prices are currently reported at $850-890/ton FOB China, cash while ethylene based PVC prices are standing at $860-880/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers