Acetylene based PVC prices hit 10 month low in China
As can be seen in the below graph, acetylene based PVC prices have been following a softening trend since the end of the Chinese New Year holiday and recently reached to their lowest levels recorded in the last 10 months, with offers being currently reported at CNY5580-6040/ton ($693-750/ton without VAT) ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT basis.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
A trader commented, “PVC oversupply in China continues to exert pressure on the market and we think this may persist for a while. Plus, demand both from the local and the export markets is also unsupportive and buyers prefer to remain on the sidelines as they anticipate seeing lower prices.”
Another trader also opined, “Acetylene based PVC offers have been decreasing gradually. Producers are having sales pressure while purchases are limited to buyers’ needs.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September