Acetylene based PVC prices less competitive in SEA
A source from a Chinese producer reported that their acetylene based PVC offers stand at $920/ton CIF SEA, cash. “Buyers are not interested in our offers as we are struggling to maintain our competitiveness against ethylene based PVC,” he commented.
A Shanghai-based trader who is offering acetylene based PVC at $880-890/ton CIF SEA, cash, stated, “Southeast Asian buyers mostly prefer to buy ethylene based PVC nowadays as acetylene based offers have lost their competitiveness. Meanwhile, demand is stagnant.”
In Southeast Asia, acetylene based PVC prices are currently standing at $880-920/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis while ethylene based PVC k67 prices are reported in the range of $880-905/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops