Acetylene based PVC prices less competitive in SEA
A source from a Chinese producer reported that their acetylene based PVC offers stand at $920/ton CIF SEA, cash. “Buyers are not interested in our offers as we are struggling to maintain our competitiveness against ethylene based PVC,” he commented.
A Shanghai-based trader who is offering acetylene based PVC at $880-890/ton CIF SEA, cash, stated, “Southeast Asian buyers mostly prefer to buy ethylene based PVC nowadays as acetylene based offers have lost their competitiveness. Meanwhile, demand is stagnant.”
In Southeast Asia, acetylene based PVC prices are currently standing at $880-920/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis while ethylene based PVC k67 prices are reported in the range of $880-905/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia