Acetylene based PVC prices move higher in Southeast Asia
A source from a Chinese acetylene based PVC producer reported that prices continued to increase this week and their offers are up by $20/ton when compared to last week. Accordingly, the producer’s offers currently stand at $985-990/ton CIF SEA, cash basis.
A source from a second Chinese acetylene based PVC producer whose offers are quoted at the same levels said, “Local prices have been surging and we already have orders until December. Therefore, we don’t expect prices to fall but we have doubts about the sustainability of the current high levels due to the growing amount of import materials offered to China.”
Meanwhile, a source from a Taiwanese PVC producer reported that their offers for PVC K-67-68 is at $935-940/ton CIF SEA/China, up by $30-35/ton on both ends. The source said, “After the Taiwanese major implemented a price hike last month; we adjusted our offers up by $30/ton. Demand is weak in India while it is reportedly good in the Middle East, China and Southeast Asia. Our inventory level is low and we are feeling free from sales pressure. We are waiting for the Taiwanese major’s new prices and we expect them to implement a new price hike on their December levels but we are not sure on the announcement date. Plus, we are running our plant at full rates currently.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers