Acetylene based PVC prices spike in China
According to ChemOrbis Price Wizard, ethylene based PVC prices usually carry a premium of$50-100/ton over acetylene based PVC whereas it is currently as low as $25/ton, as can be seen from the graph below.
“Now that prices for ethylene based and acetylene based PVC are closer, buyers prefer more ethylene based cargoes due to its better quality,” said more than a few traders.
A domestic producer also affirmed higher buying interest for ethylene based PVC while a trader opined, “Further price increases are not so likely for acetylene based PVC as buying interest is shifting from it to ethylene based PVC.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets