Additional PP hikes from Indonesian producer
According to a trader, the producer increased their PP prices for the second time so far this week by IDR260,000-270,000/ton ($20-21/ton). They had lifted their PP offers by IDR400,000-410,000/ton ($30-32/ton) at the start of the week.
Players reported that the producer’s PP prices currently stand at IDR16,110,000/ton ($1231/ton) for raffia and injection, at IDR16,690,000/ton ($1275/ton) for coating, at IDR16,310,000-16,980,000/ton ($1246-1297/ton) for film and at IDR16,570,000/ton ($1266/ton) for BOPP, all on an FD Jabodetabek, Indonesia, cash basis.
The producer’s local PE prices are unchanged at IDR16,630,000/ton ($1270/ton) for LLDPE film, at IDR18,370,000/ton ($1403/ton) for LLDPE injection, at IDR16,030,000/ton ($1225/ton) for HDPE film and at IDR16,730,000/ton ($1278/ton) for HDPE pipe (PE100), all on an FD Jabodetabek, Indonesia, cash basis.
The producer is planning to halt production at their PP plant for maintenance in November. The plant houses three production lines, each of which is able to produce 160,000 tons/year of PP while it is slated to remain offline for two weeks.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PVC market looks for direction amid divergent factors
- Pent-up demand lifts India’s PP market
- Europe continues to defy global PVC trend
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets continue to slide in January
- Europe’s PE markets under pressure from rising supplies
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights