Additional PP hikes from Indonesian producer
According to a trader, the producer increased their PP prices for the second time so far this week by IDR260,000-270,000/ton ($20-21/ton). They had lifted their PP offers by IDR400,000-410,000/ton ($30-32/ton) at the start of the week.
Players reported that the producer’s PP prices currently stand at IDR16,110,000/ton ($1231/ton) for raffia and injection, at IDR16,690,000/ton ($1275/ton) for coating, at IDR16,310,000-16,980,000/ton ($1246-1297/ton) for film and at IDR16,570,000/ton ($1266/ton) for BOPP, all on an FD Jabodetabek, Indonesia, cash basis.
The producer’s local PE prices are unchanged at IDR16,630,000/ton ($1270/ton) for LLDPE film, at IDR18,370,000/ton ($1403/ton) for LLDPE injection, at IDR16,030,000/ton ($1225/ton) for HDPE film and at IDR16,730,000/ton ($1278/ton) for HDPE pipe (PE100), all on an FD Jabodetabek, Indonesia, cash basis.
The producer is planning to halt production at their PP plant for maintenance in November. The plant houses three production lines, each of which is able to produce 160,000 tons/year of PP while it is slated to remain offline for two weeks.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September