Additional PS drops from Taiwan to China, SE Asia
The source commented, “Demand is quite slow at the moment due to lower monomer costs and declining crude oil prices while we are not able to sell profitably with the current price levels. Hence, we shut our GPPS plant and we are not planning to restart it before September. We also reduced our HIPS operating rates. We hope that the September outlook will be better.”
The producer’s PS offers currently stand at $1280/ton for GPPS and at $1360/ton for HIPS on a CFR China/CIF SEA, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount