Additional PS drops from Taiwan to China, SE Asia
The source commented, “Demand is quite slow at the moment due to lower monomer costs and declining crude oil prices while we are not able to sell profitably with the current price levels. Hence, we shut our GPPS plant and we are not planning to restart it before September. We also reduced our HIPS operating rates. We hope that the September outlook will be better.”
The producer’s PS offers currently stand at $1280/ton for GPPS and at $1360/ton for HIPS on a CFR China/CIF SEA, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East