Aggressive homo-PP offers from Thai producer to SEA
The Thai producer’s offers to the region for raffia are standing at $1050-1060/ton CIF SEA, cash basis. These levels are almost at par with dutiable Middle Eastern origins, which are reported at $1040-1070/ton CIF SEA. It is an atypical case as the duty-free regional offers traditionally carry a premium over dutiable Middle Eastern and other overseas origins.
A Malaysian producer also sold raffia to Vietnam, Indonesia and Philippines at $1080-1090/ton CIF after stepping back from its initial offers by $40-50/ton due to a lack of demand “After we revised our offers down, the number of inquiries we received increased and we have managed to conclude some deals with additional discounts. Plus, customers are mostly expecting PP offers from regional suppliers to fall further to $1050/ton as well since a Thai producer concluded deals at this level,” a source from the producer commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov