Air pollution pushes Beijing to close 1200 factories or cut output
The statement the Municipal government posted on their website last week said that more than 700 plants in the city which were likely to pollute the air were shut down and 500 more were asked to curb their production as part of the plan to reduce severe air pollution. Accordingly, Beijing Jingmei Chemical Industry Co. and China Petroleum & Chemical Corp are among the factories to curb their production.
Also, Beijing reportedly limited the use of vehicles, which are considered as the biggest air polluters.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends
- Asian PP, PE markets to start 2022 on a bearish note
- PET bottle prices rise 40% in 2021 across Asia
- Egypt’s PVC markets set to end 2021 on weaker footing