Air pollution pushes Beijing to close 1200 factories or cut output
The statement the Municipal government posted on their website last week said that more than 700 plants in the city which were likely to pollute the air were shut down and 500 more were asked to curb their production as part of the plan to reduce severe air pollution. Accordingly, Beijing Jingmei Chemical Industry Co. and China Petroleum & Chemical Corp are among the factories to curb their production.
Also, Beijing reportedly limited the use of vehicles, which are considered as the biggest air polluters.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high