Air pollution pushes Beijing to close 1200 factories or cut output
The statement the Municipal government posted on their website last week said that more than 700 plants in the city which were likely to pollute the air were shut down and 500 more were asked to curb their production as part of the plan to reduce severe air pollution. Accordingly, Beijing Jingmei Chemical Industry Co. and China Petroleum & Chemical Corp are among the factories to curb their production.
Also, Beijing reportedly limited the use of vehicles, which are considered as the biggest air polluters.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP markets see upward corrections on resurgent demand
- China’s import PP, PE markets stable after weeks of declines; is the downturn over?
- Escalating shipping costs hinder polymer demand in China, SE Asia
- Conditions in place for oil rally to continue, but potential headwinds lie ahead
- Spot PE markets recede from all-time high in Europe
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs