Air pollution returns in China after Chinese New Year fireworks
Last December, the country had issued a red alert for air pollution and Beijing municipal government had ordered 1,200 factories, mainly operating in printing, construction materials and petrochemical industries, to close or curb their output in order to help reduce pollution. More than 700 plants in the city which were likely to pollute the air had been shut down. Traders had also reported transportation problems due to heavy smog.
The Environmental Ministry said the situation is affected by weather conditions and two cold air fronts are likely to ease pollution by Wednesday before it worsens once again leading to another heavy period of pollution.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports