Air pollution returns in China after Chinese New Year fireworks
Last December, the country had issued a red alert for air pollution and Beijing municipal government had ordered 1,200 factories, mainly operating in printing, construction materials and petrochemical industries, to close or curb their output in order to help reduce pollution. More than 700 plants in the city which were likely to pollute the air had been shut down. Traders had also reported transportation problems due to heavy smog.
The Environmental Ministry said the situation is affected by weather conditions and two cold air fronts are likely to ease pollution by Wednesday before it worsens once again leading to another heavy period of pollution.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect