Algeria invites international firms to bid on four petchem plants
The four refineries, which will include a fuel oil cracking as well as a naphtha processing plant and be worth about $6 billion, will be located in Tiaret, Hassi Messaoud and Skikda.
The Tiaret and Hassi Messaoud plants are planned to have a capacity of 5 million tons/year each.
Sonatrach had recently signed agreements with Italy’s Eni and France’s Shell to conduct feasibility studies for new petrochemical projects in Algeria, as part of the country’s plan to improve its foreign investment in the energy sector by building more refineries.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers