Algeria invites international firms to bid on four petchem plants
The four refineries, which will include a fuel oil cracking as well as a naphtha processing plant and be worth about $6 billion, will be located in Tiaret, Hassi Messaoud and Skikda.
The Tiaret and Hassi Messaoud plants are planned to have a capacity of 5 million tons/year each.
Sonatrach had recently signed agreements with Italy’s Eni and France’s Shell to conduct feasibility studies for new petrochemical projects in Algeria, as part of the country’s plan to improve its foreign investment in the energy sector by building more refineries.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets down as demand weakens further in May
- Turkey polymer markets entering holiday amid weak atmosphere, what lies ahead?
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand