Algeria invites international firms to bid on four petchem plants
The four refineries, which will include a fuel oil cracking as well as a naphtha processing plant and be worth about $6 billion, will be located in Tiaret, Hassi Messaoud and Skikda.
The Tiaret and Hassi Messaoud plants are planned to have a capacity of 5 million tons/year each.
Sonatrach had recently signed agreements with Italy’s Eni and France’s Shell to conduct feasibility studies for new petrochemical projects in Algeria, as part of the country’s plan to improve its foreign investment in the energy sector by building more refineries.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe