Algerian converter: Import supplies tight
“We are receiving a very limited number of import offers, especially from our European suppliers. Buyers are struggling to obtain their needs in spite of the fact that they are willing to pay the high levels asked for amidst availability issues. Plus, demand has been performing well just before Ramadan as is normally the case,” he commented.
The buyer received Middle Eastern PE prices from different regional producers at $1530-1580/ton for LDPE film and at $1540/ton for LLDPE c4 film on CIF Algeria, 90 days deferred basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market