Algerian trader receives Mid-East PP, PE prices for Dec
The trader stated, “For PP, prices remain on a softening path in line with stagnant demand and sufficient supplies while PE supplies, especially for HDPE blow moulding, are quite tight nowadays. In general, we think that the current prices levels to Algeria are still high when compared to prices in other global markets. We will try to secure some cargoes with discounts for December as we feel that prices may rebound in January.”
The trader was offered Saudi Arabian PP raffia and injection at $1040-1050/ton on a CIF Algeria, 90 days deferred payment basis. For PE, they received Middle Eastern offers at $1330/ton for LDPE film, at $1260/ton for LLDPE film and at $1220-1320/ton for HDPE film with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high