Algerian trader receives Mid-East PP, PE prices for Dec
The trader stated, “For PP, prices remain on a softening path in line with stagnant demand and sufficient supplies while PE supplies, especially for HDPE blow moulding, are quite tight nowadays. In general, we think that the current prices levels to Algeria are still high when compared to prices in other global markets. We will try to secure some cargoes with discounts for December as we feel that prices may rebound in January.”
The trader was offered Saudi Arabian PP raffia and injection at $1040-1050/ton on a CIF Algeria, 90 days deferred payment basis. For PE, they received Middle Eastern offers at $1330/ton for LDPE film, at $1260/ton for LLDPE film and at $1220-1320/ton for HDPE film with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops