Algerian trader receives Mid-East PP, PE prices for Dec
The trader stated, “For PP, prices remain on a softening path in line with stagnant demand and sufficient supplies while PE supplies, especially for HDPE blow moulding, are quite tight nowadays. In general, we think that the current prices levels to Algeria are still high when compared to prices in other global markets. We will try to secure some cargoes with discounts for December as we feel that prices may rebound in January.”
The trader was offered Saudi Arabian PP raffia and injection at $1040-1050/ton on a CIF Algeria, 90 days deferred payment basis. For PE, they received Middle Eastern offers at $1330/ton for LDPE film, at $1260/ton for LLDPE film and at $1220-1320/ton for HDPE film with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early reactions to Turkey’s dumping case on Saudi Arabian LDPE
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November