Algerian trader receives Mid-East PP, PE prices for Dec
The trader stated, “For PP, prices remain on a softening path in line with stagnant demand and sufficient supplies while PE supplies, especially for HDPE blow moulding, are quite tight nowadays. In general, we think that the current prices levels to Algeria are still high when compared to prices in other global markets. We will try to secure some cargoes with discounts for December as we feel that prices may rebound in January.”
The trader was offered Saudi Arabian PP raffia and injection at $1040-1050/ton on a CIF Algeria, 90 days deferred payment basis. For PE, they received Middle Eastern offers at $1330/ton for LDPE film, at $1260/ton for LLDPE film and at $1220-1320/ton for HDPE film with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?