Algerian trader receives Saudi PP, PE prices for October
“The reason behind the opposite trends on new October prices is the better buying interest towards PE cargoes compared to PP. Plus, PE supplies are not that comfortable. HDPE injection cargoes are especially hard to find while the other HDPE grades are lessening in the market. We are trying to secure some materials but sellers’ divergent pricing strategies are making us confused. Meanwhile, European suppliers’ availability is also tight and therefore, the European offers are not competitive at all. Regarding demand in Algeria, it is improving but at a really slow rate after the Eid-al-Adha holiday. At the moment, we prefer to observe the market and consider the economic conditions when deciding on our purchases,” he commented.
The trader received Saudi Arabian LDPE film at $1350/ton, LLDPE c4 film at $1320/ton, HDPE film at $1270-1300/ton, HDPE injection at $1450/ton, PP raffia and injection at $1150/ton on CIF Algeria, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high