American PVC offers break below $900/ton threshold in Turkey
American PVC k67 offers have been reported in the range of $880-910/ton CFR Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs and $45/ton anti-dumping duty, cash so far this week, which indicates a softening of $10-20/ton from a week earlier.
“We heard the level of $880/ton for American cargoes in the market given by Japanese suppliers. We think that American offers may lose another $10-20/ton before the end of May,” commented a trader who concluded a deal for American PVC at $910/ton CFR Turkey subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
Players also report that buying interest for American cargoes is not as strong as for European cargoes as buyers are not willing to secure US cargoes due to long delivery times and weak end product demand. A converter opined, “The weaker outlook for American cargos has hindered any further gains for European PVC as well.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports