American PVC offers break below $900/ton threshold in Turkey
American PVC k67 offers have been reported in the range of $880-910/ton CFR Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs and $45/ton anti-dumping duty, cash so far this week, which indicates a softening of $10-20/ton from a week earlier.
“We heard the level of $880/ton for American cargoes in the market given by Japanese suppliers. We think that American offers may lose another $10-20/ton before the end of May,” commented a trader who concluded a deal for American PVC at $910/ton CFR Turkey subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
Players also report that buying interest for American cargoes is not as strong as for European cargoes as buyers are not willing to secure US cargoes due to long delivery times and weak end product demand. A converter opined, “The weaker outlook for American cargos has hindered any further gains for European PVC as well.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS