American PVC offers break below $900/ton threshold in Turkey
American PVC k67 offers have been reported in the range of $880-910/ton CFR Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs and $45/ton anti-dumping duty, cash so far this week, which indicates a softening of $10-20/ton from a week earlier.
“We heard the level of $880/ton for American cargoes in the market given by Japanese suppliers. We think that American offers may lose another $10-20/ton before the end of May,” commented a trader who concluded a deal for American PVC at $910/ton CFR Turkey subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
Players also report that buying interest for American cargoes is not as strong as for European cargoes as buyers are not willing to secure US cargoes due to long delivery times and weak end product demand. A converter opined, “The weaker outlook for American cargos has hindered any further gains for European PVC as well.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe