Another East African trader receives Saudi PP, PE prices for Dec
A distributor in Kenya reported that a major Saudi Arabian producer announced their December PP and PE prices to Kenya and the United Republic of Tanzania with decreases from November. According to him, the producer reduced their prices by $100/ton for PP and by $50/ton for PE, bringing their new offers to $1010/ton for PP raffia and injection, to $1220/ton for PP random copolymer injection, to $1240/ton for LDPE film, LLDPE film and HDPE injection, to $1230/ton for HDPE film and to $1260/ton for HDPE blow moulding, all on a CFR Dar es Salam/CFR Mombasa, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“Supplies are okay except for HDPE blow moulding, which is quite short nowadays. We believe that a Saudi major may implement additional decreases on their December prices in the face of more competitive offers in the market. Demand, meanwhile, remains slow, with buyers refraining from purchasing ahead of the approaching year-end holidays,” the distributor commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops