Another East African trader receives Saudi PP, PE prices for Dec
A distributor in Kenya reported that a major Saudi Arabian producer announced their December PP and PE prices to Kenya and the United Republic of Tanzania with decreases from November. According to him, the producer reduced their prices by $100/ton for PP and by $50/ton for PE, bringing their new offers to $1010/ton for PP raffia and injection, to $1220/ton for PP random copolymer injection, to $1240/ton for LDPE film, LLDPE film and HDPE injection, to $1230/ton for HDPE film and to $1260/ton for HDPE blow moulding, all on a CFR Dar es Salam/CFR Mombasa, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“Supplies are okay except for HDPE blow moulding, which is quite short nowadays. We believe that a Saudi major may implement additional decreases on their December prices in the face of more competitive offers in the market. Demand, meanwhile, remains slow, with buyers refraining from purchasing ahead of the approaching year-end holidays,” the distributor commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early reactions to Turkey’s dumping case on Saudi Arabian LDPE
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November