Another East African trader receives Saudi PP, PE prices for Dec
A distributor in Kenya reported that a major Saudi Arabian producer announced their December PP and PE prices to Kenya and the United Republic of Tanzania with decreases from November. According to him, the producer reduced their prices by $100/ton for PP and by $50/ton for PE, bringing their new offers to $1010/ton for PP raffia and injection, to $1220/ton for PP random copolymer injection, to $1240/ton for LDPE film, LLDPE film and HDPE injection, to $1230/ton for HDPE film and to $1260/ton for HDPE blow moulding, all on a CFR Dar es Salam/CFR Mombasa, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“Supplies are okay except for HDPE blow moulding, which is quite short nowadays. We believe that a Saudi major may implement additional decreases on their December prices in the face of more competitive offers in the market. Demand, meanwhile, remains slow, with buyers refraining from purchasing ahead of the approaching year-end holidays,” the distributor commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?